9 Oct 2013

Goodbyes and good lucks

Another colleague left the company today. It's like rats from a sinking ship some months. Hiring people at a rate of knots to plug the gaps. Ignoring the people already there. Who then leave. 

Vicious cycle. Might as well fit a revolving door and complete the comic cliche. 

Byron missed the leaving drinks. So mad at him. He was closer to the colleague than me. Fits a pattern. He moans nobody in the company likes him and then skips the social situations for the girlfriend who he admits is destroying him. 

I'm having one of those moments where I doubt my instincts. No good ever comes from that normally. I very rarely read people wrong. I've been in these situations before. You'd think I'd have figured out what to do by now to make things fall into place. 

Instead I'm drinking way too much gin for a Wednesday....

No comments:

Post a Comment