23 Oct 2013

Dye Another Day

UOh what a truly awful work day. Very disappointed. I was very much hoping for a peaceful week this week. 

Work Bitch was off this morning which generally makes the atmosphere in the office all the more pleasant. However I spent the morning flummoxed trying to do her work as she neglected to mention a major interface overhaul for one of her main software applications. 

Such a pathetic act of passive aggressiveness. I knew she would be off at some point this week as its only the second time she's proactively handed over the latest passwords to her computer. Last time that happened was around her birthday and a mysterious illness on the convenient Friday... 

But still first time she went off work when I started she spent over a week training me (read two days training, three days doing her job for her) and telling me I'd still screw it up. When I proved I could step up and not only do it but do it better than her I now have to deal with attempts to deliberately trip me up. 

Well I did work it put but sadly my day did not improve by her return. Didn't get to focus on my normal work in the afternoon either. Spent too long running around putting out various fires.

I would have preferred an afternoon of fanning the flames with Byron but he was too distracted today. Hope he's ok right now - no joint commute home tonight to check on (and make out with) him. 

So I did the adult move of dyeing my hair to entice him back tomorrow... Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment