2 Oct 2013

Birthday wishes...

Close your eyes. Blow out the candles. Make a wish. 

This is what we did as kids with candles on a cake. I tend to burn candles at night as I don't like electric lights after being in an office all day. So I blow out candles most nights and make a wish. 

Byron managed to deliver on a promise for a change. Birthday drinks. Just us. Ok granted it was only two drinks but that's a remarkable achievement for us at the moment. 

I spent the whole time winding him up about us. What I think (well wish) will happen for us. Some were sensible predictions ("we will sleep with each other at some point no matter what else") some not so sensible ("dear god I dread having to explain to our kids just how stupid their father can be"). All of these sentences were ended with "you cannot tell me off - its my birthday". 

He was surprisingly ok about it. What was surprising was not a single outright "no" passed his lips all night. It was the perfect birthday night. I didn't want him to come back here tonight, the banter was the right pace for us for once. 

See that's the funny thing about wishes. They occasionally come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment