4 Oct 2013

Amateurs vs pros

Boys will be boys. And men will eternally act like little boys regardless of advancing years. The men in my office are a nice enough bunch of lads but one can be particularly grating with his jokes. But we still love him and show his this by constantly ripping the piss out of him. 

The result is office banter that veers close to bullying but somehow works in male groups. In a group of women it is spiteful, bitchy and usually results in tears. 

I feel very special to be accepted into these groups. The token girl who can banter as well as the boys and take hits from them without throwing a wobbly. Only thing I don't care to be included on is the sport talk. That ill leave to the boys.

As for the pros of comedy been to a stand up show tonight with my kid brother. The tickets were my birthday present. Hence the late posting - only just got home. 

So amateurs or pros for comedy? I'll stick with my amateur boys for now. Better to feel part of a group than a faceless member of a crowd. Laughter amongst friends is always superior to laughing at a distant stranger on a stage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment