25 Sept 2013

Child's play

So according to the news this week you should only be considered an adult when you hit 25 years of age. Not in legal terms that is, just in terms of development as a person. 

This means I have one last week of childhood as I shall be 25 next Wednesday. So how should I spend it?

Playing hopscotch? Swings and ice creams in the park? Watching cartoons and sipping apple juice?

Nope. I get to spend it liaising with engineers and technicians. Eating cereal bars at my desk to keep from fainting when I got 7 hours without food. Dealing with the egos and eccentricities of the people in the business who "do all the work and make all the money" (I work in finance - go figure). 

Well the cartoons and juice are a close approximation. Family Guy is on in ten minutes and I have my ever faithful gin and tonic ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment