22 Sept 2013

Assuming the brace position

Back at the office tomorrow. I think the worst Sunday nights are not necessarily the ones I spend alone with yet more gin and the new season of Family Guy as my only company. 

It's when you know the Monday ahead of you will be turbulent at best and downright hell at worst. And it's not just the Byron situation. It's knowing in advance the shitstorm of work that awaits me (there was a trade exhibit over the weekend and there will undoubtedly be an avalanche of admin to sort upon their return). 

The Byron situation doesn't help. Especially given my pathological new to have the last word on everything by sending a text 30 seconds after he left me akin on a train Friday which will not have improved his mood or demeanour towards me. 

Oh and I did text Player last night... And got no response as predicted but it still stung a little. Hence buying more gin today with my weekly shop. 

On a final note about gin - I was asked for ID today as I purchased it. Which leads me to only one conclusion. I don't drink enough gin...

No comments:

Post a Comment